Saturday, August 9, 2014

Shabby redo of mid-century Desk

 
 
blue for this Mid-Century Desk
 
Mid-Century was right on this one!
It was really in bad condition, had an unknown rough life, but with a little work and paint
is renewed and ready for a new century!
 
 
 
The legs were strong and still wanted to stand tall.
I love the indention for the drawers, smooth lines!


 
Before
I told you it was in bad shape, but that is the challenge!
We won't even get into the drawer repair!
All are opening like spreading soft butter on toast.


 
Never give up on a piece, it came out better
than I thought.
 

This is a better true picture of the Blue, photographer
needed! :}

Due to the condition and the paint I used.  I choose to distress it lightly.
Chalk paint would have been good for this one!
 


Yes, I even did the back!  I love to save the original wood
if possible, just used poly stain.  I wanted to stain the drawer
fronts, but no way, paint needed there!



Thanks for looking and the visit!
Take care,

Marilyn


linking up at these great parties:
 
 
 
http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/2014/08/tray-chic.html











 

2 comments:

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Love the color...very fun!! Glad you painted the back of it too....that way if it ever gets put somewhere away from a wall it looks perfect :) Thanks for stopping over to say hi!!
Karla & Karrie

Ivy and Elephants said...

You did an awesome job! I love the two colors, you really brought it back. It's ready for many more years!
Hugs,
Patti