Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fall and Pumpkin 2014 Decor




     

Pumpkins, Pinecones, Sunflowers, and Cat Tails my favorite for Fall!

Fall is in the air, leaves are changing and decorating for fall
is fun.  You can still use most everything for Halloween and Thanksgiving,  just add Spooky for Halloween and then Turkey items for Thanksgiving.  That's 3 Décor Decorating times until Xmas, no other time can you leave you hard work out that long to enjoy!

 I have a new Tablescape with a Tutorial,  a new Fall Mantel
Décor, with an easy Banner.  Front Porch Fall Décor, and just some Fall Décor.  


I love Pumpkins, to look at and EAT!  I wanted Just Pumpkins for my Tablescape but nothing to put them on?  I also did not have just the right candle holders, but no problem after a few days this is what I came up with.




Pine Cones from local trees in a Mason Jar!
Just painted the lids, perfect size to hold the candles.

I had these fence boards from another project, but they are very inexpensive.  I just cut them to the size I wanted, then cut two for the bottom.  I did not want the legs to show, so I cut them shorter.
these serve two purposes, holds the three top boards together and I wanted to easily lift the whole wooden tray for room when eating in large groups.


I get in a hurry when doing some projects, didn't want to get the drill out and drill bits, so easy peasy, just nail a hole to easily get your screw in, they go in sooo much easier


I had these stain for the other project I did not do,
so glad I saved them.  Now they are ready to White Wash.


I just used some diluted white paint on a
dry brush, just play with it until you like the
distressed look.


I loved arranging my stash of pumpkins, this worked for me.






I did this hutch a few years ago and enjoy changing it up for all occasions.  All the pumpkin items were bought at, yes
Thrift stores and Garage sales!


Cutest pumpkin sugar and creamer!



OK, I need your help, anyone know anything about these Pumpkin side dishes I bought in early 1980's.  There is an "S" on the bottom but no luck for me finding the maker.


These dishes are gold, not a good picture here.


Now for the Fall Mantel Décor



This is my first home of many NOT have a Mantel,
Oh, I have had fireplaces, but no Mantel.  So I take great pleasure in finally Decorating it.






I had this webbing, over a year now, knowing I would do something with it someday!  You know when your out and about and see something you like, get it!  That my motto!


This is all I did, and I have plenty left Too!

Before we go outside, this is my hanging wreath as
you exit.  I put this outside last year on the house, but without the Sunflowers.  Every changing things, sound
familiar?


My porch décor is similar to last year, but a new wreath to match my fall vase décor.  I made the scrap wood pumpkin last year.




If you know me, I use Cat tails for everything,
they grew in abundance here, they fascinate me.




Well there you have it, I hope your Fall is Fabulous!
Take Care,

Marilyn

Fall Parties Here:



http://boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com/2014/10/make-easy-faux-vertical-mini-garden-and.html


http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2014/10/238th-inspire-me-tuesday_13.html


http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2014/10/show-and-share-no232.html


http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2013/03/sns-178-reclaimed-wood-projects.html


http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com/2014/10/mod-mix-monday-171.html



 






















8 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks so much for sharing all you pretty Fall décor at my party this week and yes, you can back a second time.

Blessings,
Linda

Anonymous said...

You did so good I love everything

Shabby Marilyn said...

Thank you Linda

Shabby Marilyn said...

Thank you for the nice comment and Visit!

Debra Howard said...

Great project!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Lovely fall decor! Love that little pumpkin cream and sugar, soo sweet!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration.
Hugs,
Patti

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Love this post! Your Fall decorations look fantastic! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays this week. New Follower!
Hugs,
Jody

April's Homemaking said...

I love all of your decorations, especially the boards you put together for your tablescape, that is something I would definitely like to try! :)