Saturday, May 7, 2011

Shabby Stitched

Welcome,
I just wanted to say that I started the blog with my Redo of Furniture in mind, however, since sewing, quilting, or anything related to vintage is a favorite way I find peace and pleasure I want to share my quilting and vintage ideas with others.  I soooo have spent hours surfing the web for quilt ideas, shabby chic inspiration and looking at all things vintage and related.
When I have the time I plan to show-off my quilts which I have given away for gifts, I always take a picture before releasing them, of course they are not organized in that cute quilt photo book that I have had for years!!!  Maybe they can inspire you and who better to show them off to than other quilt lovers?
Do check on me once in a while to see what I am up to?  Who knows what I will do or say on the blog?  I would love to discover your blog,  please let me know in a comment or email.
I myself need to comment more on blogs and sign up to follow.  I am still in the habit of clicking "save to my favorites" oh how I want to go through them!  I don't know which is worse all my magazines or Internet favorites???  Enough rambling..........

2 comments:

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Wow, you certainly keep yourself busy! Good news on Reno. I think he is a very lucky kitty to have parents who can afford to have given him such great medical care. When you have a pet, I don't think you know the extent you would go for that part of your family until you are face-to-face with the situation.

I went through and looked at all your redos. You have some fun things. I really liked your vintage pillowcase quilt. I have lots of projects to work on once we get moved and settled. I'll definitely be back to look-see what you have.

If you don't mind, I would like to pass on a wee-bit of a hint. You should consider removing word verification. There are a lot of bloggers who will not visit blogs that have it because it's just an extra step and they don't have the time to fool with it. I kind of find it's annoying, but I don't let it stop me. Others, especially those with large followings, just don't have the time. Just something to consider. Good luck on everything. I appreciate that you are following me.
CAS

Shabby Marilyn said...

Thank you Cas for the compliments and your suggestion on word verification. I myself go crazy at times reading those mixed up letters! I will try it!
Good luck on your move, I HATE moving, but we soon forget as we get comfortable in our new home.
As far as our Kitty, there were those who just said, "get another cat" we loved him and really did not have the extra money, but would not have done it any other way, it has been 3 months now since the last hip surgery and you would never know. Do come back for a visit and take care.