Thursday, May 12, 2011

SHABBY HELP! PLEASE!


Ok, I do need help and advise!  I purchased this 1924-1925 Crocker Chair Company true antique set.  My husband talked me into it, it is beautiful, but I did not want to Shabby it, Hell I didn't even want to buy it deal or not!  He has been so good coming alone my buying trips, that I agreed with him knowing my body could not handle such a big piece, my back is bad and his is worse!
We were not made to stand up this way, possible we should be on all 4's, who doesn't have a bad back??  So this is the Before, picture which was taken after I sanded the top to death, removed ugly dirty seat covers only to find original ugly seat covers.

Now the After!

You don't even know how many times I stained the top and not to mention doing the chairs, plus covering the seats.  Fine, if it would have sold, but NO, I have reduced, reduced, reduced, no sale, I NEED ROOM IN MY GARAGE  to work.  Oh, I forgot this monster came with 3 leafs, also that I refinished!!!!!!
Now what do you think is wrong:
Color choice on seats??
Should  I Shabby the table legs white and chairs?
What is your ideas??

If you have time please help???
Thanks for listening!



2 comments:

driftwoodesign said...

Marilyn, sorry for not getting back to you sooner as I've been very ill these past few days. I too have a bad back, broken actually 20 yrs ago. I won't take on a dining table and chairs for the reasons you explained, but here you are. My advise is definetly paint and lightly distress the table base white along with the chairs, upholster the chairs with a light grey/taupe fabric. To save on cost you could use drop cloth material. The painting would go a lot quicker if you had a sprayer.

Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

Shabby Marilyn said...

Thank you Kristy, I needed to hear it from someone, I like the color idea for the seats! I have been putting off buying a spayer, but recently looking out for one.
Sorry to hear about your back, and I hope your health is tip top soon.
I really appreciate you commenting.