Sunday, July 15, 2012

Shabby Vintage Vanity and Stool Redo

Vanity with Love and Dreams

                                                                 "Gloria"
This vanity evolved as I went, I only knew I wanted to use Linen White and do some distressing.
                                                
The stool I found at GW after finishing the vanity.
I painted the base white and covered the top in drop cloth, then
added a white cotton skirt ( DIY TIP) the white stool skirt is from a bed ruffle skirt!
Easy and perfect with the eyelet's on the bottom)
then (DIY TIP) I added a polyester ruffle from a skirt I purchased
and thought I would wear, now Gloria has it!

I painted the wood carving legs and upper mirror spindle's brown
hated to cover up those details


Love the curves!

I even lined the drawers with sheet music, need to add THAT
Photo!

I hated to part with this lovely piano sheet music
1929 "When my Dreams Come True" by Irving Berlin
and Love "Your Spell is Everywhere" sung by
Gloria Swanson
Isn't she beautiful? that is her
Women where so soft looking then!
WELL, anyway I know I would never take that
sweet of a picture.

 
 
update!!
Forgot to put this picture in of the sheet music
that I lined the drawers with!

I did take a lot of pictures, even have more, could not stop!
Sorry about the double watermarks, I had so much trouble posting!  Pictures take time for me?
Did not want to EVEN start over.
Now, for the BEFORE


So many stickers to remove on that mirror, some dang good glue on them :(

Last minute find for $6.00 at GW
just the right height!

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AND, I do have Posting to do~  Check Back!  AM I the only one to take so long to get a Posting done??  Now to Link up and Party, This will take some time too :)


Linking at these parties:
Primitive and Proper
Boogieboard CottagePhotobucket
I'm a fan of my 1929 charmer blog!Mod Vintage Life

7 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

beautiful and so fresh and clean looking! i love the shade of white!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Wow, that is a beautiful vanity, love the feet on the piece! I love the shade of white you used. So very pretty and you did a really great job. The stool was a great find since it turned out to be the right height! Love you covered her! So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – your creativity helped make the party a success!

Between Blue and Yellow said...

What a pretty piece, I love those old vanities they make over so nicely. Great choice going with white.

Maureen said...

How beautiful! I have a thing for vanities and you did a wonderful job on this one.

LV said...

Great vintage pieces. You did an excellent job on the makeovers.

The Joyful Thrifter said...

Well that is just about the cutest thing ever! Great re-do!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

binhtheredonethat said...

Hi, I found you over "The Brambleberry Cottage*, I LOVE your Vanity! I've been searching for one on craigslist, but failed.