Saturday, February 2, 2013

My Valentine Burlap Wreath


 Yes, another burlap wreath!!!
 I have seen many now on the web and wanted to do one from First sight, I have worked with burlap before and as others, love the stuff.  Just had to show off mine because I know, who else but bloggers, visitors,, and Pinterest viewers, who have so much in common and can appreciate the love of making something!   

I want to give credit to the last burlap wreath I saw and followed Laura's great instructions.  source nice blog too! 
 Ok, here is mine!


Anyone recognize the red inner heart with the little bell?   It was from Target and a Xmas ornament, I knew when I saw it, I wanted to use it some how for Valentines!  I just glued it onto a heart I cut out from pink poster board.
I then glued white rick rack on the back of the pink heart, leaving
just a trim of white showing.  See below to see the back of the heart.







What i love is that you can use the wreath
for many Holiday's,  just embellish!



The back, See just rick rack and glue stick!  

I hope all your Valentine's Day is filled with Love!

Marilyn

linking to:
http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/2013/02/sew-darn-crafty-linky-partyweek-100.html

http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-17_2.html

 

6 comments:

Mary Clark said...

That's perfect, and thrifty! Looks great on your door. Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment.

Hugs ~ Mary

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I love that sweet touch you added!

Tonna @ USS Crafty said...

Cute wreath!!!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-17_2.html

andrea@townandprairie said...

That splash of rustic brown on that aqua door is so sweetly divine! And the little red cut-out...just the right pop of color in the burlap ring. SO sweet! Perfect for winter and Valentine's.

Tonna @ USS Crafty said...

Thanks for linking up at Submarine Sunday! And thanks for following! I'm following you as well. :-)

T'onna

Tonna @ USS Crafty said...

I featured your wreath at this week's Submarine Sunday!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-18.html