Monday, June 20, 2011

China Hutch Black and chippy with Vaseline!






This picture looks like there is Vaseline on the lens, sorry!

I wanted to do this hutch in black and try the Vaseline, which I had heard so much about, well this is my story:  I  broke out the glass and painted the wire black, then applied Vaseline, messy finger job, but I did it, and applied where I wanted the chippy look!  The problem I had was when I rolled the paint on, some Vaseline mixed in the paint, and then there was the issue I was so impatient for the paint to dry enough to wipe away my spots where I applied the Vaseline!  All in all, it came out very nice, but I still distressed besides.  I do need more practice and reading up on this new chippy technique!  The best part is I am keeping this hutch for my dining room, too many friends and family said KEEP IT!  Now, to get this piece in the house!
Can't wait to set it up with my treasures!  When my dining room is complete I will post pictures, you know how just adding one piece of furniture to a room changes everything, and gets you creating different ideas!

Linking to:

http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com
furniture feature friday

/

5 comments:

April said...

I LOVE LOVE This hutch! Glad your keeping it! What are you going to put inside? any theme?

Good job!!

Shabby Marilyn said...

Thank you April, a few options on what to put inside, not sure yet, I have treasures in boxes to go through. The hutch is not in the house yet, awaiting muscels to help. :)

Shabby Marilyn said...

MUSCLE'S sorry :/

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I think you did a nice job. It is quite the statement piece. I'm sure it will influence your decor. Saw you at MMS. Stop by and visit me sometime.

Kim said...

Wow! Looks awesome. Gorgeous transformation.
I'm a new follower. Pop over for a visit sometime!
xoxo,
Kim