Friday, October 12, 2012

More Pussy Willow Decor Or is it Cat Tail Tutorial

Hello, I hope all is fine, I have been busy working on a Rental we have.  One month of repairs, cleaning, and painting!
  Being a Landlord is good
when the rent comes in, but Hell when most move!
This could be a post all in itself, but not fun to share!
 
Now, on to the Pussy Willow, or Cat Tails which most
call them!  I am use to calling them, and like, Pussy Willow!
 So I will be plantically
incorrect!
 
 
 
 
Wonderful to use in spring and summer flower arrangements.
Free, if they are near you?
They do last a long time.
 
In the Spring they pop up everywhere around my area.
Our bike trails go all around them.
I did a post last fall  but wanted to share a tip
I learned since then.  After paint spraying them, they still
will dry out and most will crack open to seed
like the picture below!
 
This Year's Pussy Willow Fall Decor is yes, with pussy willow's
again, but different and added the birds!
 

 
OK these are cat tails, but Sheba was trying to play and tear off the tips!
Most difficult, since she won't leave me alone to do my project!
And the garage was Too Hot!

I used this product to coat them before painting!
it does dry with some crackle look, fine with me!


I also did some with diluted Elmer's glue, which is less expensive
and a smooth finish!  Personal preference!


Just sprayed some with orange and black spray paint, I am
saving some for a Xmas Idea.  I will post that closer to Xmas!
Love those Pussy Willows

If you have cats, you know how hard it is to get a picture
without them!

This is where I get mine!  We have wildlife Marsh's and Cat Tail
Fields.  I am fascinated by these plants!  Nature is there
for us in abundance!


Wishing you a Great Fall !

  Party sharing with:

Kim   http:/www.too-much-time.com/2012/10/get-schooled-saturday-44.html

Donna
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2012/10/sns-158-funky-fall-decorating.html
 

No comments: